currently sue

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Two new(ish) shirts

My friend Allison reminded me the other day that it's no use having a blog if I never update it. Inspired by her logic, I bought some new rechargeables for my digital camera and now Bob's my uncle (Bob is also literally my uncle; he lives in Oklahoma; you can see him here).

Here are a couple of new shirts I made a couple of weekends ago. I make a lot of my own tshirts using old random fun shirts from Value Village, using other shirts I own as "patterns." It's fun and easy and you can cut up the shirts almost any old way to make interesting use of the text etc. It's a remarkably cheap way to make way cool shirts.

This red one is my personal favourite (the text says 99 Full Throttle).

It was really very difficult to take pictures of myself (I have a newfound respect for all self-photoing bloggers)... Back of the red shirt:

After taking the red shirt photos I finally remembered that I have a tripod and my digicam has a timer. Here is Shirt Two (I wear it every day):

Stay tuned for more crafting updates.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found Sue's blog!!

Those shirts are totally fricken wicked. I've always known that there was a purpose for all those free tshirts that I've been collecting since high school. I MUST get a sewing machine and then you must teach me!

11:15  
Blogger sue said...

you found my blog!! i am excited. if you get a sewing machine i'll teach you how to make em. it's really not hard.

11:52  
Blogger alison said...

I still absolutely adore both of those shirts.

I love your creativity. :)

12:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue - so much fun, I'll get even less done in my day now that I can check your blog out :P

Or mabye, I'll just have to sew some stuff too :)

competitively, liSa

13:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home