currently sue

Monday, July 24, 2006

I finished stuff this weekend

Several things to report. Saturday felt like a knitting day, so I finally learned how to graft toes; now Sock One is done. Check out that toe:

Sock one complete

Next. My darling nephew Daniel is turning 3 tomorrow, and so I made him a funny wee bunny birthday present, seen here in overly dramatic morning light:

Daniel's funny bunny

I used the very simple and clearly hilarious wee bunny pattern, available free from Wee Wonderfuls.

It was also my friend Jane's birthday on Sunday, and I gave her the only other thing that I knit besides socks, which is of course a dishcloth:

Jane's dishcloth

As you may or may not know, dishcloths were the first thing I learned how to knit, and in a fit of dishcloth enthusiasm that I'm still not really over, I made one for each member of my family (including the young nephews; I didn't want them to feel left out) for Christmas. You can see all those over here in the archives of Allison's blog.

Hopefully later this week I'll have some blue quilt news to report.

3 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

You are the queen of dischloths! An honorably title, for sure.

14:20  
Blogger alison said...

Yay for weekend accomplishments. I absolutely love the bunny - it's so fun.

When do you start on sock #2? : )

20:50  
Blogger sue said...

oh sock two is started already! but i didn't take a picture of it (it wasn't thAt interesting) so i didn't write about it. after a little knitting last night it is two whole inches long! maybe 2-1/4.

15:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home