currently sue

Friday, May 23, 2008

Kitten, summer, long-lost friend, sailors

The kitten has been hunting, though she let this one get away (like fishing for sport I guess).

The kitten and her rat

I went for a bike ride and sat right next to the Hudson River yesterday, which was really the first day of summer, I made iced tea and everything.

The best spot ever

Do you realize it's been THREE YEARS since Mandy Martens left Toronto? That means, until four days ago, it's been that long since I've seen her. Very weird. Not that I knew her that well to begin with, though I've always liked her and I miss hearing her sing. She was around the city to help me and LL celebrate my six months in New York (at a psycho Indian restaurant with more chili pepper lights than you ever thought could be put in one room before, especially since you've probably never thought about putting chili pepper lights in a room in the first place).

Oh Mandy

Also, somewhat surrealistically, the city is filled with sailors, since it's Fleet Week. I wonder how often they have to do laundry, or if there are drycleaners on board.

Fleet week

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger RTF said...

Hey, so the outdoor cat thing is working out then. I wonder if I should let Nina go outside?

Congrats on the six-monther.

Peace,

T

19:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there...great blog. I know I have come to it before, but it has such a clean feel to it. I like it.

12:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fleet Week will always make me think of S&TC.

20:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home