currently sue

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Despite my long absence...

...this post will be brief.

That face

Bought some old hand-pieced quilt squares today from Melanie's Closet (the store in the old Lettuce Knit space). I think they'll go into the red quilt. Once they're dry (which might be this afternoon, it's so dry in my house) I'll see how they look all together. Pics to come.

Side note: I see by the date on the red quilt photo that it's been over nine months since I've done anything significant on that quilt. Aie! I should stop putting dates in titles.

Elvis (or) bust

P.S. The photos are from my walk today (it's Day 5!). Eric wants to add "or" to the back of the stop sign.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first the first pic puzzled me, but then I realized that it was a sticker on the outside of a NOW Magazine box. I agree with the "or".

16:10  
Blogger ButterPeanut said...

I also agree with the "or."

I just realized how "toronto" you are...in a really good way, i.e. in the "finding beauty and humor in the weirdest things" way.

ohhh, yay Toronto, and its hilarious weird graffiti.

17:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a mirrored acrylic Elvis silhouette the other day in a showroom. I thought of you. I might try to make one, but it's hard cause I don't have access to "lazer" cutting. Maybe I'll just use a jigsaw.

E

00:21  
Blogger sue said...

a mirrored acrylic elvis silhouette sounds way cool!

14:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I passed by that new store in the old Lettuce Knit digs on my way to meet you and Jess at Honest Ed's! I really wanted to stop in but thought I would be running too late. Next time!!!

I'm looking at buying a sewing machine. Do you think it would be best to buy a serger if I plan to use it for t-shirt surgeries and purses??

11:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is an amazing red "quilt" handing in the National Gallery made out of random articles of clothes just sewn together. It made me think of you.

15:45  
Blogger sue said...

stevie: sergers are way cool, and you might be able to get away without a sewing machine.. nb my mom always buys her sewing machine stuff at sears (kenmore brand) -- if you're really in the market, have a look there.

allison guy, i formally request a picture of that quilt.

LtK -- thanks :)

15:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home