currently sue

Friday, March 02, 2007

Was February for finishing?

There's a blog out there called "February is for Finishing." I first heard of it when Allison joined their knit-along. I was inspired enough by the idea that I thought I'd try to finish some of my own projects; after all, it's always good to have a Goal.

Let's see how I fared.

1. Sister Trish's second sock.

Sock 2

Well, the sock is much further along than it was at the beginning of, er, January, when I last wrote about it. However, I have clearly failed to meet the "finished" criteria. Strike one.

2. The blue quilt.

Blue quilt Feb 28/07

I knew I wouldn't finish the blue quilt in February; my goal here was to finish the column on the left-hand side. I came pretty close (missing about 8 inches on the bottom), and I'm happy with my work. However... still not finished. Strike two.

3. Elv1s tank.

Elv1s

Ah, things are looking up. I started making this shirt about a year ago. Sometime before Christmas I changed the front of it (it used to be plain black). I was too lazy, though, to finish all the finicky edging. This week I finally did it. Two thumbs up for me. Check out the back of the shirt here.

I saved the best for last.

4. One job.

Portrait of a workstation

I am finally done one of my FIVE jobs. Let the relaxed version of my life begin!!! (It will only last until I find other things to fill my time.)

All in all not bad; I finished two out of four. Stay tuned for next month's post: Was March for finishing, too?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

good job on all of those cool things! Finishing is for keeners.

08:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Elvis shirt is AMAYONAISING! I love the back. Maybe you should be looking for your PCH at Elvis conventions. Or at least in Ottawa near "Elvis Lives Lane".

13:33  
Blogger /dr. said...

YA! that elvis shirt is mega-sweet.

11:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home