currently sue

Monday, June 23, 2008

Being comfortable and chic is a difficult balance (or, taking care of business casual)

Ok everyone. Since moving to New York my wardrobe has been undergoing overhaul. LL can relate I think (and she's helped me a lot, in part from clothes lending when we lived together and I had no appropriate clothes, and in part from inspiration/advice). No part of my wardrobe has changed more than my shoes. I wear heels on a regular basis now, instead of just for weddings. It's a good change.

Shoes

In the bookstore last night I ran across this book, it is the best in the world, I will let myself dream about it for a while before I go and buy it to love it forever. It inspires me to dress more skillfully.

In love with this

A gift from upstate, I wore it yesterday and had several conversations with strangers on the street:

Not bad

New York fashion is not perfect however, this is on the Upper West Side:

Depressing

Title credits go to the Sartorialist and that book.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

I like all your shoes, especially the green ones from Holland!

"taking care of business casual" is totally the look I've been strivng for (with limited success) since i got my real job.

12:12  
Blogger liSa said...

NY Style Sue - is Inspiring :)

Admittedly - i'm not as good with the heals - i secretly long for birkenstocks, but can not bring myself to purchasing them. I try them on and don't like them, but still want them.

13:17  
Blogger Stevie P. said...

I'm also overhauling the wadrobe. I also need that book desperately!!!!

Your shoes look awesome Sue!

11:24  
Blogger esther parry said...

that book looks awesome!
miss you two

esther

02:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home