currently sue

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Blue quilt: a short update

I have finally added a row to the bottom of the blue quilt:

Blue quilt as of August 16 2006

One more row on the bottom and one more row going down the left side, plus border, and the quilt top will be FINISHED. Exciting. Soon ("soon" is a relative term; "sometime in the next two months" might be more accurate) I'm going to buy some navy cotton; a lot of the dark blue in this quilt is rayon and so is stretching like mad. Time for a quilt store field trip.

A few asides: I spent the weekend camping with church kids, and had a fantastic time. You can see a few photos here, here and here. My birthday was on the last day of the trip -- I had a hilariously fun day -- ending equally hilariously with free shots with our waiter at the Duke of Argyle:




(photo c/o Felicity and Blake).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happppppy Birthday!

That is one beautiful quilt. I've always wanted to get into quilt making! If you ever teach lessons, let me know, though I suppose I'm going to need a new sewing machine first!

09:35  
Blogger sue said...

rock on thanks lady!!

quilt-making is amazing. you definitely need a sewing machine, and some fabric, and an iron. my basic philosophy (which is also my life philosophy) is: sew random bits of interesting fabric together in ways that seem fun and/or funny and/or appropriate; if you don't like something, cut it out and try again; and keep going till you have a quilt. thoroughly enjoyable.

11:32  
Blogger AZD said...

Cool quilt.
Have you ever tried making one with fun fur?

10:46  
Blogger /dr. said...

happy belated b-day sue. (i'm slow on the draw). i DID link you up to my blog today!

/dr.

ps. it's /dr. almost like \dr. but with a / and not a \. :)

17:01  
Blogger sue said...

/dr. dude consider it fixed: sorry for the mis-punctuation.

i have considered putting funfur in a quilt but i have not yet done it. it's totally doable but since fur is usually so THICK it would prob be annoying to work with. i can see why crazy quilters say things like, "you can make crazy quilts with ANY fabric! but i always use high quality cotton."

17:30  
Blogger /dr. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

19:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home