currently sue

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Responses

You are all kind! I love it. I really like one of the links posted by Anonymous so I'm putting the picture up:



Modern stained glass is one of my favourite things; here are some shots from last summer in Germany (the War destroyed a lot of the original stained glass, but I like the replacements way more):

I loved the stained glass in Germany

Stained glass in domkirche

Modern

Stained glass

Modern stained glass

My true favourite modern stained glass is Marc Chagall's Jerusalem windows; someday I will see them in Jerusalem ("next year"):



Note that photo from this guy's flickr.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to think that stained glass was kinda over as an art form. But then I was at Henry's and he was working on this amazing piece that blew my mind. Those pics you posted confirm it - stained glass is not dead.

10:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Sue,
Anonymous = Jen McG
Glad you like the idea!

12:35  
Blogger ~ C ~ said...

Sue, those windows are gorgeous!

00:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home