currently sue

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Toronto and back again, including blitz finale

Manning cross

Ok everyone. I went to Toronto this past (extended) weekend, and saw all sorts of wonderful folks in the correct sort of doses (meaning I could actually talk to most of the people I saw, instead of seeing them all in one go and talking to no one at all in a satisfying way). It was good to see you all! And it's good to be back home in New York too.

And also, I DID FINISH the blitzquilt in time to go! My boss, who is extremely kind, gave me my birthday off work, so I stayed home and quilted. Perhaps a strange choice for a birthday but I did finish making something beautiful.

nyc slow blitz

nyc slow blitz (P & B)

I am very happy with it and am happy to report that the new owners (well, the baby isn't born yet but the parents) are too.

Also had crazy dreams most of the time I was there. And, got pictures of the cross in my Manning Ave backyard, odd that I never took any while I lived there for 3+ years. Here's the one at my current apt. Wonder if this trend will continue with whatever my next apt is (no, I'm not moving).

Cross in my backyard

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Meanoch said...

It was wonderful to see you Sue. I hope you had a thoroughly satisfying time.

I will see you soon, somehow!

21:50  
Blogger ButterPeanut said...

love the quilt, wish I coulda been there, and cool that crosses follow you everywhere!

03:56  
Blogger RTF said...

I think that's a Russian or Ukrainian cross. The top horizontal is the cross of Christ, the bottom is that of the believing thief.

It was good to see you for a tiny bit, Sue. All the best.

Nice quilt.

T

08:08  
Blogger Trent said...

That quilt is kickass

10:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home