currently sue

Monday, September 04, 2006

Ottawa and back again

Mum + teapot

I just came back from a weekend visiting family and various lovely friends up in Ottawa. You can check out some pictures over here if you're interested. I went up this particular weekend because my dear friend Allison just moved to Ottawa on Saturday; she starts a new job this week -- good luck Allison Guy!! I'll miss her. Here she is in her new place, after moving all the stuff in:

Allison Guy is moved in!!

I spent some time knitting, too, what with all the train and car riding. Sock Two is into the foot now, and there's a pair of MDK dishcloths:

Pair o dishclothes (I)

Pair o dishclothes (II)

In final knitting news, I'm going to knit my sister (Sister Trish) some socks for a birthday/Christmas/combination of something present. I'm pretty excited about the new yarn -- I'll post pics once I start them (after I'm done Sock Two).

2 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

hey, that's that mysterious stitch that your mittens are made of!

18:47  
Blogger sue said...

i'm not actually convinced it is (which is unfortunate! i really want to know how to knit those mittens)-- if you look really close at the dishcloth, you'll see that the long stitch is just one stitch slipped a whole bunch of times. it's very tricky.

21:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home