currently sue

Friday, November 17, 2006

Another knitten update


Last weekend I started a pair of socks that will, I hope, be a Christmas present for my sister. Based on the projected December 24th finishing date (my family opens presents on Christmas Eve, a Scandinavian tradition), and assuming a constant speed of knitting, I have 3 weeks to complete each sock.
Breaking the timeline down further (grad school taught me that setting short-term, achievable goals is the only way to complete a large project in a timely fashion), and assuming that turning the heel is the approximate halfway point (the Harlot, for one, claims that it is at least the spiritual halfway point), I should have turned the heel of sockOne by next Wednesday.


I am about halfway to starting the heel now. What do you think: will I achieve my goal?

PS I have also started the Christmas dishcloths. Picture to follow once I've made more. There's so much Christmas knitting to do, I don't think I'll get much quilting done till the new year.

5 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

you WILL acheive your goal!

and I agree re: the small goals. I've gotten to the point where I have to set 15 minute goals for myself.

anyways, I just realized I have some socks to start....

14:11  
Blogger AZD said...

Yes, these socks will be ready in time, I can tell. It's looking good too.

Lady CdB is getting big!

14:50  
Blogger sue said...

i know -- the kitten is HUGE! and she is getting parts out on monday. wish her luck... (at least better luck than mabel).

18:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck, LCdB!

I am very excited about your sock challenge. I know you will make it.

17:44  
Blogger liSa said...

Yes, yes go for it knit, knit! Knit standing up, while cycling to work, in the shower, and while sleeping. It's all possible :)

My mittens await your, toe decreasing technique.... they must be a self birthday present --- january!

liSa

11:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home